“Get-ClusterSharedVolume : You do not have administrative privileges on the cluster. Contact your network administrator to request access. Access is denied”
If you ever get the above message when you attempt to run any commands within the FailoverClusters powershell module you need to add the user you are running the powershell script as into the permissions on the cluster.
To do this you need to
- Open Failover Cluster Manager
- Connect to the cluster of interest. If you open the tool on a cluster node, you should be connected to the cluster automatically.
- Right click on the cluster name
- Select Properties
- Add the user account of interest
- Allow that account to have either “Read” or and “Full Control” depending on what you want the user to do.